Silver Beach Pizza, a hopping restaurant located between Silver Beach and downtown St. Joseph, sought to expand its footprint. The restaurant is situated on a small site with unusual space constraints. Situated beside an Amtrak train station, railroad tracks run along the restaurant’s western side while a bluff rises up on the eastern side.
These design challenges became the catalyst for a one-of-a-kind dining experience at Silver Beach Pizza. Abonmarche’s design team created an elevated structure concept that would allow for vehicular passage to the parking lot below. The restaurant and bar now provide patrons with stunning 360 views of the city and Lake Michigan. Overhead retractable doors on opposite sides of the building allow for uninterrupted views to Lake Michigan complete with an abundance of natural light and ventilation in the dining and bar area.
• Restaurant Addition Design
• Elevated Structure Concept Allowing Vehicular Passage Beneath
• Site-Sensitive Design Elements Capitalizing Natural Daylight and Views
• Comprehensive Interior Design Services
- https://tonyjwittkowski.wordpress.com/2015/06/27/silver-beach-pizza-to-introduce-upper-deck-seating-next-week/ – Tony Wittkowski – June 27, 2015
- https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/entertainment/2015/08/14/silver-beach-pizza-just-a-few-steps-away-from-surf-and-sand/116994996/ – South Bend Tribune – August 14, 2015
- https://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/silver-beach-pizza-owners-want-to-expand—up/article_ef414ed6-c586-5ed8-a27c-1c9389b68086.html – Herald Palladium – September 14, 2013