With funding from the EPA and the State of Michigan — and a commitment from Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer to replace all service lines in the city within 18 months —Abonmarche coordinated a citywide lead service line replacement project for Benton Harbor. Serving as the city engineering firm for Benton Harbor, Abonmarche engineers and digital solutions experts created a solution to track and share the progress of a large and fast-moving lead service line replacement effort. As an added benefit of the project, data collected will be incorporated into the comprehensive asset management program being developed for the city.
By blending Abonmarche’s Digital Solutions expertise and solid foundation of geographic information system (GIS) knowledge and experience into our engineering work, we were able to elevate this high-profile project to an efficient, successful operation that demonstrates best practices. Utilizing a GIS based solution, Abonmarche digital solutions rolled out web and mobile applications to coordinate with customers, identify lead service lines, replace those lines with copper, verify and inspect all work, and document of all aspects of the project.
Our team also developed a public-facing dashboard communicating the project’s progress in real-time, available to the public 24/7.
- Lead Service Line Replacement
- Esri ArcGIS
- Digital Technology
- Mobil Devices
- Project Management
- Community Engagement
More Information About The Lead Service Line Replacement:
- https://lead-service-line-inventory-abonmarche.hub.arcgis.com/ -arcgis -n.d.
- https://www.michigan.gov/egle/about/featured/benton-harbor/lsl-replacement – Michigan Gov. – n.d.
- https://www.michigan.gov/mdhhs/inside-mdhhs/newsroom/2022/11/02/bh-lines – Michigan Gov. – n.d.
- https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2022/11/03/benton-harbor-lead-water-pipes-replaced/69614051007/ – Detroit Free Press – November 3, 2022
- https://www.berriencounty.org/1599/City-of-Benton-Harbor – Berrien County Health Dept. – n.d.
- https://apnews.com/article/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-bottled-water-climate-and-environment-1cc93581b9503af47a5c8755309d752b – apnews – November 2, 2022
- https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-environment-watch/benton-harbor-lead-line-replacement-nears-completion – Bridge Michigan – November 2, 2022
- https://abcnews.go.com/US/lead-pipes-replaced-benton-harbor-michigan-officials/story?id=92593602 -ABCNews – November 3, 2022
- https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/michigan/2022/11/02/work-to-replace-aging-lead-water-service-lines-in-benton-harbor-nearly-finished/ – ClickonDetroit – November 2, 2022