Wastewater improvement is an expensive, time-consuming investment that does not happen often.
Indiana’s State Revolving Fund (SRF) program provides low-interest loans to Indiana communities for projects that improve wastewater and drinking water infrastructure. This program helps to protect the environment and public health.
Indiana’s State Revolving Fund (SRF) can unlock valuable funding for your large-scale projects, and Abonmarche can help get the ball rolling. Using the SRF is a great way to understand your community’s needs and vulnerabilities, start making changes, and begin to plan for the future. Taking advantage of the SRF is a great way to finance your community’s projects, and Abonmarche can provide the engineering, surveying, architecture, and structural engineering services to support those projects.
About the SRF
Eligible candidates include cities, town counties, regional sewer/water districts, conservancy districts and water authorities. As of recent, nonpoint source projects are also included in this. Specifically, these eligible candidates must apply for this with only projects where there is an existing pollution issue. The money for this program comes from each specific state applying for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency annually for capitalization grants.
Wastewater projects may include:
- Treatment plant improvements and upgrades
- Sewer line extensions to existing unsewered properties
- Combined sewer overflow corrections
- Infiltration/inflow projects.
Drinking water projects may include:
- Treatment plan improvements and upgrades
- Water line extensions to existing unserved properties
- Water storage facilities
Nonpoint source projects may include:
- Wetland protection and restoration measures
- On-site sewage disposal systems
- Best Management Practices for agriculture and stormwater runoff
- Riparian Buffers and Conservation Easements
- Wellhead and Source Water Protection measure.
Projects not eligible for funding:
Private and not-for-profit facilities are only eligible for drinking water SRF Loan Programs. Additionally, projects that are solely intended for economic development, that are primarily for fire suppression, and/or that have no water quality benefits are not to be considered eligible.
How Abonmarche Can Help
The SRF loan is useful for communities that have large projects requiring funding and completion assistance. Abonmarche can service these communities throughout the entire process, including applying for the funds, creating and sealing the required Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) and associated forms completion. We’ll be able to provide solutions, alternatives, and preliminary designs based on the PER findings. Asset management plans for the system are also required to apply for SRF, and the engineering team at Abonmarche is well-equipped to handle the in-depth nature of water asset management plans.
Abonmarche SRF Services Include:
- SRF Application Management
- Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) and Forms Completion
- Asset Management Plans
- Surveying & Engineering associated with the project
- Construction Inspection
Our SRF Projects Happening Near You:
- New Chicago Water Works – System Improvements
- Town of Demotte – I-65 Drinking Water & Wastewater Utilities Extension
- NORWEJ – East Side Drinking Water Expansion Improvements
- Benton Harbor, MI – Pipestone Area CWSRF & DWSRF System Improvements
To learn more about how Abonmarche can help bring vital SRF funding to your community contact our Valparaiso office at (219)850-4624.