Abonmarche provided complete architectural and site design services for this project. The Joel E. Smilow Teen Center serves teens in
grades 9–12. The new, state-of-the-art Teen Center is located across the street from the Benton Harbor High School. Originally planned as a renovation of an existing facility, the generosity of donors enabled a brand new structure to be built to the exact specifications of the organization.
The 20,800-sq ft facility includes first-class technology and academic support programs, an 8,000-square-foot gymnasium with regulation-sized high school basketball court, traditional kitchen/café, a game room with computers, pool tables and ping pong tables and an all-purpose space for performing arts.
- Regulation-Sized High School Basketball Court
- Game Room with Computers, Pool Tables and Ping Pong Tables
- All-Purpose Space
More Information About Boys and Girls Club Teen Center:
- https://www.bgcswmi.org/location/smilow-teen-center – Boys and Girls Club – n.d.
- https://www.inplay.org/r/benton-harbor/providers/boys-girls-club-of-benton-harbor/joel-e-smilow-teen-center – inplay – n.d.
- https://bentonspiritnews.com/boys-girls-clubs-teen-center-making-opportunities-accessible-for-benton-p7171-93.htm – Benton Spirit News – April 15, 2022
- https://afterschoolprograms.us/program-1004348-boys_girls_clubs_of_benton_harbor_joel_e_smilow_teen_center.html – After School Program – n.d.
- https://www.heraldpalladium.com/boys-and-girls-club-a-place-for-teens/article_783dd612-d0a6-59e4-8611-16ac49217b37.html – Herald Palladium – March 16, 2003