At Abonmarche, our reputation is built on trust, passion, reliability, and quality. We are committed to exceeding the needs of each client, which has established an outstanding portfolio of referrals. We work closely with our clients to understand what they need to accomplish and what they hope to achieve. Then we put our expert technical and creative skills to work – and help them create a great place.
Our team consists of over 130 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart, Goshen and Fort Wayne, Indiana as well as Benton Harbor, South Haven, and Portage, Michigan. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, waterfront development, and landscape architecture services for municipal, residential, and commercial clients.
We are seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable, creative, experienced team.
This position is in our Benton Harbor office. It is initially a field crew staff position, with potential for promotion within our Land Surveying group to Crew Chief or Survey Project Manager depending on applicant’s performance, desired career path, and successful acquisition of professional licensure.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Performance of field survey work under crew chief supervision
- Provide field support to crew operations such as construction staking, subdivision staking, boundary and topographic surveys
- Prepares daily field notes on projects
- Performs minor calculations in the field for staking
- Performs daily data uploads and downloads
- Assists with survey equipment and vehicle maintenance
- Assumes higher levels of responsibility and crew leadership with increased experience
Qualifications & Skills:
- SIT designation or ability to pass Fundamentals of Surveying exam
- Degree in Land Surveying, Surveying Engineering, Geospatial Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to plan, schedule work and complete assignments within established timeframes
- Capable of working with a multidisciplinary team of design professionals
- Experience with Topcon field equipment and data collection software a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time