Abonmarche is a leading civil engineering, architectural and land surveying consulting firm with 40 years of experience. With over 125 staff members providing professional services through 9 offices in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan, we pride ourselves in providing high-value client service and have developed long term relationships with our clients as a trusted expert partner.
The GIS Specialist is responsible for inputting, updating, and maintaining GIS databases, and coverages, layers, and linkages to various databases. This may include preparing detailed maps using ESRI technologies (ArcGIS) and/or AutoCAD software; inputting and reviewing GIS data for completeness, accuracy, and neatness; creating map layouts and views; conducting geoprocessing operations and database queries; and interpreting plans, plats, and legal descriptions. May meet with clients and internal staff to identify community needs and assists in developing short and long term solutions.
- Works with project teams to help communities manage related infrastructure, economic, social, and environmental issues.
- Prepares drawings, visual aids, reports, etc. for various projects.
- Collaborates with multiple departments including engineering, land survey, architecture and planning as well as clients.
- Reviews and interprets engineering drawings to document and update geospatial data and attributes in GIS.
- Designs, develops, and implements geodatabase, content and systems for multiple clients including infrastructure assets such as wastewater, stormwater, and drinking water networks.
- Assists project team in the preparation of asset management plans.
- Bachelor degree in Geography, GIS, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Business or related field.
- 2-5 years GIS and/or planning experience preferred
- Math skills, with ability to compute areas, volumes, grades and slopes along with a good understanding of financial data
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or Map 3D experience preferred
- Knowledge of ESRI software including ArcGIS Online
- Knowledge of asset management principles such as business risk exposure and lifecycle cost analysis
- Excellent communication skills as position will require direct contact with clients and multi-disciplinary departments
- Typical office environment with potentially some data collection work performed outside on a project site. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety boots/shoes, hard hat, safety vest, etc.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Full time position