The Abonmarche team consists of over 130 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in Benton Harbor, South Haven, and Kalamazoo in Michigan as well as South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart, Goshen and Fort Wayne, Indiana. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, waterfront development, and landscape architecture services for municipal, residential, and commercial clients.
This opening is for a Construction Technician in our Portage, MI, office.
- Documents field activities, observations, and testing results on construction projects, and their conformance with (or deviation from) project plans and specifications.
- Completes field testing of soil, concrete, asphalt, aggregate for compliance with ASTM, AASHTO, DOT, and/or project specifications.
- Proficient with shooting grades.
- Reads and interprets construction plans.
- Develops basic knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
- Applies prescribed techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Exercises learned judgement on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
- Notifies Staff Engineer, PM/PE or Supervisor of problems.
- Interacts with onsite client when necessary.
- Trains interns assigned to the project.
- May assist in meeting preparation.
- May assist in project documentation.
- High School Graduate.
- OSHA 10, Troxler Safety & Hazmat Safety Training preferred. 0-2 years’ experience materials testing and/or DOT Certifications preferred.
- Michigan: MDEQ Construction Site Stormwater Operator, ACI/MCA Concrete testing certification, MDOT Density, MDOT HMA testing certification and MDOT Field Book with 0-2 years MDOT experience preferred.
- 0-5 Years.
- Typical office environment with work performed outside on a project site. May be exposed to extreme temperatures. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety boots/shoes, hard hat, safety vest, etc.
Job Type: Full Time; Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)