Abonmarche is a team of professionals who are passionate about helping others – with client service at the core of everything we do. We are a practice of people who are passionate about engineering, architecture, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, and more. Our teams are collaborative, agile, innovative, and focused on creating the best client experience available. The communities and clients we serve know that by working with us, they’re collaborating with a firm that helps foster opportunity.
Working at Abonmarche means you’ll have the opportunity to grow, learn, and share your expertise with others. Supported by a mentorship-based culture, our teams are empowered to develop their skillsets and lead transformative work in the communities all across our service areas.
A strong emphasis on community and family means you’ll have the chance to engage with your community in your work here at Abonmarche, through our volunteer and philanthropic programs, and within a culture of supportive work-life balance.
Abonmarche is seeking a Staff Engineer to work in our Valparaiso office.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, traffic signals, marinas and asset management projects. Also includes site design for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of estimates of probable construction cost.
- Attend client meetings.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Develop computer models for hydraulics, hydrology, traffic and terrain.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Perform occasional drafting.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS Civil Engineering
- EIT Preferred
- 0 – 3 years experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Experience with construction materials, procedures, and documents.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time