Abonmarche is a leading civil engineering, architectural and land surveying consulting firm with 40 years of experience. With over 125 staff members providing professional services through 9 offices in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan, we pride ourselves in providing high-value client service and have developed long term relationships with our clients as a trusted expert partner.
The Architectural Drafter prepares drawings of Architects’ and Engineers’ designs for commercial, industrial and residential construction projects. This role requires familiarity with design principles, computer-aided drafting technologies, and building codes to ensure drawings are accurate.
- Gather project requirements and specifications from architects and engineers or other internal staff members.
- Prepare full scale and detailed architectural drawings utilizing CAD software to include AutoCAD and Revit.
- Update and modify designs based on new information from architects and engineers or at the request of clients.
- Perform calculations and check drawings for accuracy.
- Accompany architects and engineers to jobsites prior to starting and throughout the construction process to gather data and take measurements.
- Collaborate with project team to ensure the clients expectations and requirements are being met.
- Associate’s degree in drafting preferred.
- 2-5 years Architectural Drafting experience preferred.
- Strong technical drawing skills.
- Familiarity with principles and best practices of architectural drafting using both hand drawing and computers.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Excellent attention to detail and math skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as position will require direct contact with multidisciplinary team and clients.
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled
Full Time Position