Transportation Project Engineer and Lead Designer
- Provide engineering design for a variety of highway design projects including: roadway reconstruction and overlay, bridge approaches, storm sewers, sidewalk ramps, guardrail, pavement marking and signing, and right of way plans.
- Develop plans, specifications and estimates based on current MDOT plan development requirements.
- Perform drainage delineation, calculation and storm sewer pipe sizing using GEOPAK drainage.
- Ability to develop pavement marking plans, signing plans, and maintenance of traffic plans
- Must have the ability to recommend Best Management Practices (BMPs) per requirements of MDOT and Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) for Benton Harbor or INDOT and IDEM for South Bend.
- Perform and deliver cost estimates using MDOT’s/INDOT's Weighted Average Item Price Report and ability to work through AASHTO software, Trnsport-Stand-Alone PES Worksheet (SAPW).
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Review, assign and provide guidance to drafting technicians to prepare working design plans using Microstation.
- Utilize Microstation GEOPAK SS4 and GEOPAK drainage to develop plans.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, design schedules, and environmental impact studies.
BS Civil Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis in transportation engineering.
- Michigan Professional Engineer license preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in highway design (all components of alignment and geometrics design). based on Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) (for Benton Harbor) or Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) (for South Bend) road design manual.
- Must be proficient with Microstation GEOPAK SS4.
- Must have an understanding of MDOT Workspace concept for plan development using Microstation.
- Must have prior experience in 3D modelling using Microstation.
- Ability to perform drainage design using GEOPAK drainage when needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Benton Harbor, MI and South Bend, IN
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should please include cover letter with resume. This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.