Staff Engineer/EIT (Engineer-in -Training)
- Computer aided design and drafting.
- Preparation of plans, proposal and estimates and engineering computations under general supervision of a senior engineer for highway design projects.
- Use of Microsoft for development of spreadsheets and Word for reports.
- Examples of projects include roadway and intersection design, storm sewer design, sidewalk ramp design, guardrail calculations, pavement marking and signing.
BS Civil Engineering, Engineer –in-Training Certification preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge of civil engineering principles
- Ability to read basic civil engineering and architectural drawings
- Ability to accurately measure and calculate items such as grade, area and volume.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, including Microsoft Office and Microstation is preferred.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of highway design.
Benton Harbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should please include cover letter with resume. This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.