Highway Design Project Manager
- Responsible for managing and executing highway design projects for MDOT.
- Provide engineering design, project management and supervision for a variety of highway design projects including: roadway reconstruction and overlay, bridge approaches, storm sewers, sidewalk ramps, guardrail, pavement marking and signing, and asset management projects.
- Preparing proposals and reports in coordination with your supervisor.
- Attend project and planning meetings.
- Work as primary contact with client and staff for a project.
- Assume significant responsibility for meeting schedule, budget and quality goals.
- Prepare and submit appropriate project reports to your supervisor.
- Ability to maintain client contact.
- Ability to monitor budgets and progress on projects.
- Identify resources and delegate staff duties and responsibilities.
- Provide mentoring to junior staff in engineering/project management practices at the direction of the Department Manager.
BS Civil Engineering, Registered Professional Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with emphasis in transportation engineering with 5-10 years of experience in highway design (all components of alignment and geometrics design) based on Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) road design manual. Two years or more as project manager.
- Professional Engineer licensed in Michigan, or able to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- Must be proficient with Microstation GEOPAK SS4 to the level where in addition to be productive in plan development, you can also oversee others work and provide input and guidance.
- Must have an understanding of MDOT Workspace concept for plan development using Microstation.
- Must be able to understand MDOT’s design project delivery method including development of special provisions.
- Must have prior experience in 3D modelling using Microstation.
- Ability to review and perform drainage design using GEOPAK drainage when needed.
- Exceptional project management, design, and time management skills.
- Proven conflict resolution capabilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and project scheduling.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with teams.
Benton Harbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time
Interested applicants should please include cover letter with resume. This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.