Civil Engineering Project Engineer
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including: roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, traffic signals, marinas and asset management projects. Also includes site design for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates.
- Attend client meetings - days or nights.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Instruct draftspersons/technicians to prepare working drawings.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Perform occasional drafting.
BS Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license
- 4+ years of experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware, including Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
- Experience with construction materials and procedures and construction documents.
Benton Harbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time