The Abonmarche team consists of over 110 committed professionals at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in Benton Harbor, South Haven, and Kalamazoo in Michigan as well as South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Hobart, Goshen and Fort Wayne, Indiana. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, waterfront development, and landscape architecture services for municipal, residential, and commercial clients.
We are currently seeking a Construction Inspector/Technician to perform construction inspection and material testing services. MDOT testing certifications are a plus.
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Concrete Testing (slump, air, cylinders, yields, compression testing cylinders and reporting testing results)
- HMA Testing (density, temperature, yields, coring and reporting test results)
- Aggregate Testing (Michigan core, gradation, sieve analysis and reporting test results)
- Maintain testing equipment and help establish lab policies and procedures
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of local and state specifications and testing procedures
- Knowledge of laboratory testing of soils, asphalt, concrete and masonry
- Knowledge in identifying acceptable and unacceptable test results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to interpret and perform complex procedures
- Good technical math skills; ability to perform complex calculations
- Ability to read and comprehend technical plans and specifications