Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide engineering support for a variety of municipal and private projects including: roadway reconstruction, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water mains, bridges, trails, traffic signals, marinas and asset management projects.Also includes site design for residential, commercial, and industrial developments.
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Assist in the development of probable construction cost estimates.
- Attend client meetings.
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and tests.
- Prepare design computations and quantity estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, permits and designs for project.
- Instruct draft persons/technicians to prepare working drawings.
- Review construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D software to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Perform occasional drafting.
- Design of roads and streets, including familiarity with AASHTO and MDOT Geometric Design Guidelines.
- Design of storm water drainage systems, including storm water sewers and storage facilities. Ability to analyze rainfall and runoff rates using Rational Method, US TR-55. Experience with modeling software preferred.
- Design of sanitary sewer collection and pumping systems, and familiarity with 10-State Standards.
- Design of water main and water distribution networks, including principles of valve placement, hydrant spacing, and construction techniques.
- Experience with bidding and construction administration tasks, including bid opening and tabulation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- BS Civil Engineering
- EIT required; PE preferred
- 3 - 6 years experience
- Good written and verbal communication skilss
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D; Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with construction materials, procedures, and documents.
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time