Chief Financial Officer
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions, including the management of the accounting, payroll, and business administration staff of the organization.
- Ensure the credibility of the Accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation and reporting to the organization.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Prepares tax returns, financial statements, and related reports to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local tax statues and regulations. Interprets tax laws to minimize tax liability. Advises management of the impact of new laws, decision, regulations and rulings and of proposed legislation in taxes and related areas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA Preferred
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in an Engineering and Architecture Consulting firm and/or Construction industry, or audit of similar organizations. Familiarity with MDOT and/or INDOT audits highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage at all levels of the organization with staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and possess advanced Excel skills.
- Audit experience desirable. S-Corporation experience desirable.